Saturday, November 5, 2011

I can't believe this just happened. I was in the car with my boyfriend, Josh and his mom on Tuesday afternoon and we got hit head on by a drunk driver. Just now Josh was taking me home after spending the evening at his house with some of our friends and we almost got hit again. The other car was in our lane and swerved away just in time. I can't explain to you how terrifying it is to know what a car crash feels like and see one coming towards you. 

We were so lucky that no one was seriously hurt on Tuesday. If the truck that hit us had been bigger, or if either car had been going faster, or any number of other things had happened, we could have died. I don't really know why or how I took these, but I got these pictures right after we crashed. 









Everyone was wearing seat belts in both cars, but the truck either didn't have airbags or they didn't deploy, and the guys that were in it literally knocked the windshield out with their heads. I'm not sure how they are now, but the passenger in the truck seemed to be ok, and the driver wasn't doing very well the last I heard. Josh got a small cut on his face from the airbag and a cut/scrape/bruise/bump thing on his leg, his mom got a gash in her leg, a small bruise on her lung, and pretty bad bruising all over, and I got 8 staples in my head, 3 chipped teeth, I knocked all of my bottom front teeth loose, and bit my tongue really hard. We're all getting better though. We're so lucky that it was nothing worse than that. I just can't believe that it almost happened again. I'm really shaken up right now, but blogging about things generally helps.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm definitely praying for all of you!

    xo,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh my gosh! Those injuries sound painful and scary, but I'm glad you guys are okay overall. Hopefully yall heal quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, Vic! Again, I am so freaked out and sorry that this happened to you guys. Even though this is so awful and you guys did get hurt, I am SO thankful that nothing worse happened. Love you, Vic. {hugs} ♥

    xo
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! You guys are so lucky. You had some wonderful good vibes on your side. I don't think it's strange you took pictures of the car at all. In a way, even if it's a bad one, it's a memory. You'll be glad you did it .Once again, so happy you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, this is so sad to hear! i'm so glad everyone is okay though. this is so terrifying and i'm glad your talking about this. drunk driving is such a serious problem and people just like to brush it off and not be responsible. i'm so glad once again that everyone is okay!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a frightening experience! I'm glad everyone is ok for the most part. Oh my goodness I can't imagine. Makes you really appreciate life! <3 www.rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so horrifying, I am so sorry to hear that happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. I'm glad to hear that everyone is (relatively) okay. I hope you're alright. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this looks terrible, but its nice to hear that everyone is ok, get better soon!
    Freesia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness....so,SO scary! I can't believe something like that happened to you. It give me chills just to think about it! Thank goodness you're okay though and alive! I'll be praying for you, your mom, and boyfriend to all get better soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh, that sounds frightening! Im so glad your okay and Im even more glad that everyone was wearing seatbelts! I havent started driving yet, but a car that I was in has been in a moderate accident. It is really scary replaying what just happened to you. I hope everyone gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete