Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Taj Mahal

Wow, I've just realized how long it's been since my last real post. I didn't even do a proper birthday post (my birthday was a week ago today). I do, however, have quite a few little outings I can post about in the near future. 


The setting for this post is our chicken coop. A.k.a. the Taj Mahal of chicken coops. Josh and another guy that my parents hired built it last Summer, and let me just say that it is absolutely ridiculous. They've got lattice, heat, wall decorations....you name it. I say that it's a little much for chickens, but I'm almost positive that my dad loves them more than us, so he'll hear none of that. :P At least they're safe, I guess.

My mom's hand-painted signs. Josh is offended by them :)



I got this dress on my pre-birthday shopping trip last Saturday at Saver's. I ended up getting more stuff for the shop than for me, but oh well. It was still great. I also went to my first estate sale, where I got this amazing briefcase/suitcase. And while I found some amazing things, the reason I was able to find it all was really sad. It was just a little hard to think that I was in a house where people had probably spent most of their lives, buying their things after they'd died. Even with this though, I think I really like estate sales overall. They don't seem to be that common in New Mexico though. Nuts. 

Oops. My dress looks super bright here.


It's in great condition and it even still has the key with it! I just can't decide whether to keep or sell it. Any opinions?



See! Crazy, huh? These are some lucky chickens.


The little ones who aren't quite big enough to be with the big girls yet.


Outfit Details:
Dress- Saver's (I don't know whether or not to sell this either. Thoughts?)
Hat- Thrift Store ($9)
T-Straps- Thrift Store ($3, 4?)
Briefcase/Suitcase- Estate Sale
Bird Bobby Pin- Birthday Gift (from Charlotte Russe)

4 comments:

  1. So cute!! I just love the polka dot dress. Polka dots are adorable and so much fun to wear. I love your hat too!

    www.themoptop.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I think that briefcase is a keeper. It's so beautiful and classic, and super versatile. I think you should keep it. :)

    I've never been to a real estate sale. A couple days ago I was out vintage shopping for my new shop and there was this super cool vintage store where they were selling everything half off 'cause they were selling their store {sad!} and they called it an estate sale. Hmm.

    xo
    Maria Elyse
    www.uneasyimpressions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment! I love the bright red colour of your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo cute! Love your photography and those little animals!

    Sophia
    http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete