Saturday, April 30, 2011

Let the Madness Begin

Well, prom is tonight. I'm not exactly sure what my feelings about it are...I like the dressing up, but I don't really like dancing (which is kind of the point). Ah well. I guess I'll see how it goes as it goes.

In a little while we'll be picking Helena up so we can get a few last minute things that we need then dye my hair. The last part could be a huge mistake, but I'm only dying the underside of it and the dye isn't permanent, so I think it'll be ok. At least I hope it'll be ok. Then we'll be meeting a bunch of our other friends to get ready together. It'll most likely be at least slightly insane.

Here's a little preview of my dress.

I've actually had it since June or July. I found it in a thrift store in Astoria, Oregon for $7! And what makes that even better is that I had been drooling over almost the exact same dress, but in white, on ebay and it sold for over $100! I was so exited to find this, and it's in perfect condition too.
On another awesome thrifty prom note, I found a suit jacket for Josh at a thrift store earlier this week. First off, it fits him really really well, which is pretty amazing since he's got such a long torso and long arms. Second, it turned out to be Armani! We didn't even realize until after we bought it. Third, it cost $5. Yeah. I feel pretty accomplished :)

I'm sure there will be more about prom soon. 

Wish me luck?

Also, check this out! It's hilarious. Ah, 80's prom.

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Hope you had the most marvelous time at your prom. And thats amazing you found the dress for $7.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog:)

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean with the dancing...I'm a ballet dancer so I always feel like there's a "routine" I have to be doing on the dance floor. So I pretty much only do line dances, as they're basically choreographed. I'm an awful freestyle dancer, haha. Good luck!! You'll have an awesome time and be the best dancer out there. :)

    Ohhhh my word...what an awesome deal on the Armani suit jacket! The amount of nice stuff you can find in thrift stores for really cheap amazes me sometimes. I'd love to see all of your dress! Post pics maybe? :)

    xoxo
    Maria Elyse
    www.uneasyimpressions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are SO sweet. thanks a million for the nicest comment i have ever received! seriously. i'm verrry much anticipating seeing your prom pictures. (: hope you had fun! p.s. niiiice job thrifting your dress AND a vintage armani suit jacket! way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a $7 dress, wow! youre a master of thrift :) thanks for your sweet comment! don't be scared to comment, i loveee all my readers!


    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete